When you use the Website or provide information to use (including completing an entry, registration or other form), you agree to the terms of this Policy. We may make changes to this Policy, and the most recent version of the Policy will be posted here. You should thus check back periodically for changes. By accessing the Website (including the features thereon) you indicate your agreement to and acceptance of the terms of this Policy, and consent to the collection, retention, and use of your personally identifiable information consistent with the Policy, as amended from time to time.
As used herein, the terms "Taubman," "we," "our," and "us" refer to The Taubman Company, and "The Taubman Company" refers to and includes The Taubman Company LLC, the owner of the shopping center which is the subject of this Website, and/or their respective subsidiaries, owners, affiliates, officers, directors and employees.
What type of personal information do we collect?
We collect personally identifiable information when you visit our Website, sign up to received printed materials, place an order, register, or participate in any promotion or contest with us. Such information might consist of your name, address, e-mail address and computer identification. In addition, we may also keep track of your store or product interests and purchases to improve your shopping experience at The Taubman Company.
This Website may collect information directly from you, from third party business partners, or we may use passive data collection methods such as cookies to collect information about Website visitors. We use that information to improve our Website by examining your website usage and shopping experience. For example, when you visit or register at our Website, cookies allow us to recognize you, and then when you return to our Website, they provide us with your account information. Cookies also enable us to save your password in protected areas. In the event that you are not registered on our website, then cookies allow us to monitor and keep record of your use on our Website, but they do not allow us to personally identify you. Either way, cookies help us improve our Website and improve the quality of your visit.
A "cookie" is a small text file that many websites store on your computer hard drive when you visit their website. The cookie then stores your preferences and tracks the pages of the websites that you have visited. Alone, cookies do not provide any personally identifiable information about you, unless you choose to provide that information when you register at that website.
How do we use personally identifiable information?
We may use the information that you provide us to process your orders and requests, to respond to your e-mail, or as otherwise described to you. We may also use your information to offer you other products, information, programs or services that we believe may interest you. We may use it to update you on sales, specials, programs, events, promotions, services, products or other opportunities provided by us, our merchants and/or our business partners, remind you of important occasions, and/or personalize your shopping experience. We may also use your personally identifiable information to tailor your experience at our Website, to compile and display content and information that we think you might be interested in, and to provide you with content according to such preferences.
Occasionally, we may send to you a request to help us learn more about you, as well as your product and shopping interests. We may then use that information to help us improve our Website and improve your shopping experience at Taubman. We may also use the information to communicate with you and to notify you when you have won a contest, sweepstakes or other similar promotion or to simply contact you about your individual account with us.
What about social networking or other public interactive features?
This Website may contain social networking or other interactive features that are public in nature, thus any contributions and postings you make to our Website will be viewable by other Website users, and will be associated with the personally identifiable information in your public profile (which includes your name, user name, and other optional information you may choose to include). If you decide to participate in these features, keep in mind that your personally identifiable information (for example, your name and online name), along with any substantive information you disclose in the communication you decide to post, will be publicly accessible and viewable by others who visit that area. In addition, we may highlight certain users’ postings or contributions to other members of the professional networking features.
What choices do you have and how can you contact us?
If you would rather not receive such information, you can unsubscribe by clicking a link within our email communications or logging into to your website profile and changing your preferences.
What information do we share with third parties?
Taubman may share personally identifiable information with third parties for legitimate business purposes, including for the following reasons or in the following circumstances:
- To vendors or third-parties who deliver or provide goods and services or otherwise act on behalf of or at the direction of Taubman;
- If you are an event attendee, speaker, or sponsor, certain of your information will be included in the event roster, which roster will be publicly disclosed, and may also be shared with third-party event sponsors and exhibitors;
- If you use our Career Center services, your information may be accessible to potential employers or recruiters;
- To those who wish to determine if you are certified, your certification status will be shared with those who inquire;
- To investigate potentially fraudulent or questionable activities;
- In anticipation of and in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger, or amalgamation of all or part of our business or operations such as the sale of a particular shopping center;
- When we believe it is necessary to cooperate with law enforcement or in response to a government request, including if specifically requested or required, as otherwise permitted by law, and for other valid Taubman business purposes; and
- When we offer contests and promotions, or when we join other companies to offer contests and promotions, we, along with the other company, may share customer data for those contests and promotions only.
Taubman reserves the right to share information with any third parties that we believe will assist us in achieving our goal to provide you and our customers with the best products, programs and services that we could possibly provide.
What security measures do we use?
While Taubman maintains internal controls, including firewalls and other security features, to control unauthorized access to personal information, because of the nature of this information and these controls, we cannot guarantee our ability to prevent unauthorized access.
Although we will protect your privacy on our website as described in this Policy, you should keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information may be accessible to others. This is also true if anyone else has access to your personal computer, such as an employer or family member.
This Website may contain links to third party sites. Those links are provided as a courtesy to you; we do not control or endorse such third parties or the information collection practices on their sites. If you elect to use a link on our Website, you should use caution and judgment when sharing information on that third party site; any information you reveal on that website is not subject to this Policy. You should consult the privacy policies of each website you visit.
What about kids' privacy?
This Website is not intended for, nor do we believe it is appealing to, children under the age of 13. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. We also do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13, or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, you should not attempt to register for the Website or send information about yourself to us.
If we become aware that a subscriber to our website is under the age of 13 and is without verifiable parental consent, then we will remove all personally identifiable information about that person from our files. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe a child under 13 has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Privacy laws differ across the globe. If it is necessary for the purposes for which you have shared personal information with us for us to share your information within our global operations, we will do so consistent with this Policy.
This site is hosted in the United States and is intended only for United States visitors. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer. When you provide personal data to us or our service providers or vendors, you consent to the processing of your data in the United States as the site is operated in the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights Relating to Certain Information Disclosures
If you have an established business relationship with us and are a resident of California, you may request from us a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes, and a list of all third parties to whom we have shared that information. We will include in that list the names and addresses of the third parties who received the information and used it (or who we believe may have used it) for their own marketing purposes.
To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing us at The Taubman Company LLC, Attn: Anna Tschirhart, 200 E. Long Lake Road, Suite 300, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304. Indicate in your letter that you are making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry. Responses to requests sent to this email address or the mailing address listed below will be provided within 30 days.
Policy Effective Date: June 30, 2010
As used herein, the terms “Taubman,” “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to The Taubman Company, and “The Taubman Company" refers to and includes The Taubman Company LLC, the owner of the shopping center and their respective subsidiaries, owners, affiliates, officers, directors and employees.
License and Website Access
The Taubman Company LLC grants you a limited, non-exclusive and revocable license to use the Website in accordance with these Terms. The content of the Website that is posted by us, including, but not limited to, any text and images contained herein and their selection and arrangement, is owned by us or our content providers. You may download material from the Website that is posted by us for your personal use; however, you may not copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any copyrighted material contained on the Website. You acknowledge that we or our third party content providers retain ownership of the posted materials and that you are not acquiring any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted materials.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right in accordance with any applicable laws, to refuse access to anyone at any time in our sole discretion and without notice to you for any reason, or for no reason.
Your Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that you possess the legal right and ability to agree to these Terms and that all information that you submit to this Website is true, accurate and current. You agree that you will not: (i) collect users’ information, or otherwise access Website, using automated worms, viruses or other malicious codes; or (ii) transmit worms, viruses or other malicious codes. You affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Website is not intended for children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then you may not use the Website. On certain areas of this Website you may be able to submit texts, files, images, photos, videos, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, text postings, and other materials and content ("User Content"). Your posting of User Content is subject to these Terms as well as any additional terms posted for a specific feature. Taubman may delete any User Content that in the sole judgment of Taubman violates these Terms. You agree that in using the Website, including the interactive features therein, you will adhere to the following:
- You agree not to post any content that is unlawful, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, obscene, invasive of the privacy of another person, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist, infringing, pornographic, violent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate as determined by Taubman, or other material which could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or otherwise violate any law or regulation
- You agree not post any content that contains personal information about any individual, violates the privacy/publicity of any other individual or entity, or anything that you are under a contractual obligation to keep private or confidential. You agree that you will not impersonate any person or organization, including without limitation, the personnel of Taubman.
- You agree not misrepresent an affiliation with another person or organization, nor will you post any content that contains slanderous or libelous comments about others, or that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of a third party.
- You agree not to post any content that contains business solicitation of any type, including advertising a product or service, offering a product or service for sale, or directing readers to a location for more information about a product or service.
- You agree not to post any software to the Website, nor will you post links or files that do not comply with these Terms, and you will not post any content that contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation of the Website, or feature of the Website.
- You agree not modify in any way any specifications, technology or application codes provided to you by Taubman or as embedded in the User Content unless expressly authorized in writing by Taubman.
- You agree not share or transfer password or other access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently. You shall bear sole responsibility for all use of your account and for the confidentiality of your password.
By posting information on or through the Website you automatically grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, transmit, translate, distribute, perform and display your information alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights to others. You acknowledge that no compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your information. You represent and warrant that you have proper authorization for the worldwide transfer and processing among Taubman, its affiliates and third-party providers of any of information that you may provide on the Website.
By placing any content on the Website that contains images, photographs, graphics or pictures ("Images"), you represent and warrant that: (a) you are the copyright owner of such Images, or that the copyright owner of such Images has granted You permission to use such Images or any content and/or images contained in such Images consistent with the manner and purpose of Your use and as otherwise permitted by these Terms and the Website; (b) you have the rights necessary to grant the licenses and sublicenses described in these Terms; and (c) that each person depicted in such Images, if any, has provided consent to the use of the Images as set forth in these Terms, including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, the distribution, public display and reproduction of such Images.
No Ownership/Account Cancellation
Intellectual Property and Trademarks
All content on this Website, including but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, headers, illustrations, audio clips, digital, downloads, data compilations, video clips and software is owned or licensed by us or our content providers, and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. In addition, all trademarks and intellectual property are also the property of The Taubman Company LLC or its content suppliers and any use, misuse or copying of any trademarks or intellectual property is prohibited without our express authorization.
Except as expressly authorized in writing by Taubman or its Website content providers, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, mirror, frame, republish, download, transmit, or create derivative works of the content of others, in whole or in part, by any means.
Limitation of Liability and Warranty
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE TAUBMAN COMPANY LLC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES, OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL INCLUDED ON THE WEBSITE OR THE ACCURACY OR CONTINUED AVAILABILITY OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
WHILE WE PROHIBIT CERTAIN CONDUCT AND CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE DESCRIBED HEREIN, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT DISEMMINATED VIA THE WEBSITE AND YOU NONETHELESS MAY BE EXPOSED TO CERTAIN CONTENT. THEREFORE, YOU USE THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, 1) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE: 2) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, OR CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE; AND 3) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE OR ERROR FREE, AND WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Information Provided by You is Not Confidential or Proprietary
Any information uploaded by you to the Website or provided to us, including but not limited to photos, names, links, data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, shall be deemed to be non-confidential; we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute the information to others without limitation. We shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products incorporating such information.
We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in our sole discretion.
Notices of Infringement
We or our designees will investigate notices of infringement of third parties’ rights, and will take appropriate actions, including for copyright infringement, those provided for under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) ("DMCA"). If you are a rights owner and become aware of an infringement of one of your works or intellectual property, submit a complaint to:
The Taubman Company LLC
Attention: Legal Department
200 East Long Lake
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48303
Include in your notice the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless, as well as each partner and member thereof, its subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, its officers, directors and employees from all liabilities, claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees that arise from your use or misuse of this Website, including any violation by you of these Terms.
Third Party Links
Although this site may be linked to other sites, Taubman is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, authorization, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation by us with respect to the linked site, its owners or its providers, unless specifically stated therein. We provide these links only as a convenience to you. By entering this Website you acknowledge and agree that Taubman has not reviewed or tested any information, software or products found on these websites and therefore cannot make any representations whatsoever with respect thereto. There are risks in using any information, software, or products found on the Internet; and we caution you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or purchasing anything via the Internet. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.