City Creek Center Unveils Countdown Clock to Mark One Year Until Opening
Posted Mar 22nd, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CITY CREEK CENTER UNVEILS COUNTDOWN CLOCK TO MARK ONE YEAR UNTIL OPENING
SALT LAKE CITY, March 22, 2011 – Today City Creek Center, the new shopping and dining centerpiece of the downtown City Creek redevelopment project, unveiled a countdown clock to mark the center’s opening one year from today. At a press event, General Manager Linda Wardell also provided an update on construction progress:
- Retail center construction is 80 percent complete.
- The center’s retractable glass roof is 90 percent complete, with all structural steel and glass paneling installed.
- The skybridge over Main Street is 75 percent complete. The concrete floor is in place and the laser-etched, art-glass side panels are being installed.
- The glass end-walls, which connect the skybridge to the east and west gallerias, will be complete by early summer.
- Recreation of the historic City Creek, which will flow throughout the shopping center, is well underway on the west block.
- Plumbing, concrete work and waterproofing on the choreographed fountains is 85 percent complete. Fountains will begin testing this summer.
- Most of the restored cast iron of the historic ZCMI façade, which will be the Main Street face of Macy’s, has been installed. Glass installation behind the cast iron will begin this week.
- The 155,000-square-foot Macy’s is fully enclosed.
- Steel framing for the two-level, 124,000-square-foot Nordstrom is complete and concrete flooring is being poured.
- City Creek employs 1,200 construction workers; 900 of the workers are constructing the retail center.
About City Creek Center City Creek Center opens March 22, 2012. Bordered by South Temple, 100 South, West Temple and State St., the center is located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, just blocks from I-15 and I-80, and a 10-minute drive from Salt Lake City International Airport. The centerpiece of the sustainably designed City Creek urban community, City Creek Center features a unique shopping environment with a retractable roof, a creek winding through the property, a pedestrian skybridge and more. Anchored by Macy’s and Nordstrom, this world-class fashion and dining destination will offer approximately 80 stores and restaurants in a casual, walkable environment. For information and updates, visit www.ShopCityCreekCenter.com.